20 Inspirational Quotes for Caregivers
Whether you're a family caregiver or a paid professional, you likely face a host of different responsibilities. You know the selfless and rewarding life caregiving has given you, but you also know the other part: how hard it can be! Many caregivers feel intimidated and overwhelmed. We understand.
Caregivers go through so much and sometimes just that small dose of positivity and inspiration can help them rise above their caregiver burnout.
We can do our best when we are mentally at our best! We hope these quotes can give you that extra boost to get through a rough patch.
1. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” — Leo Buscaglia, author
2. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”–Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts we experience daily.” ― Tia Walker, The Inspired Caregiver: Finding Joy While Caring for Those You Love
5. “Many of us follow the commandment 'Love One Another.' When it relates to caregiving, we must love one another with boundaries. We must acknowledge that we are included in the 'Love One Another.” ― Peggi Speers
7.“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only robs today of its joy.” — Leo Buscaglia, author, professor, motivational speaker
8.“Perspective is an incredibly powerful tool. It tempers how we receive information, and guides what we choose do with it.” ― T.A. Sorensen
9.“There were moments when it hurt so bad you couldn’t breathe, yet somehow you survived the pain. There were days when you could barely put one foot in front of the other, yet somehow you arrived at your destination. There were nights when you cried yourself to sleep, yet somehow you held on until the morning. Your life is nothing less than a miracle.”
― Eleanor Brownn
11. “Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.” — Les Brown
12.“Offering care means being a companion, not a superior. It doesn’t matter whether the person we are caring for is experiencing cancer, the flu, dementia, or grief. If you are a doctor or surgeon, your expertise and knowledge comes from a superior position. But when our role is to be providers of care, we should be there as equals.” ― Judy Cornish, The Dementia Handbook: How to Provide Dementia Care at Home
13.“The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” ― Carson McCullers, The Square Root of Wonderful
14.“Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley.
15.“If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” ― Amy Tan
16. "Sometimes our work as caregivers is not for the faint of heart. But, you will never know what you are made of until you step into the fire. Step bravely!" ―Deborah A. Beasley
18."Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn't know possible."―Tia Walker
19."If caregivers are not healthy, mentally well-balanced and spiritually sound, then those for whom they care will suffer."―Leeza Gibbons
20. "In the heart or every caregiver is a knowing that we are all connected. As I do for you, I do for me."―Tia Walker
We hope these helped brighten your day! If you are ready to talk about help with your caregiving journey or know someone who could benefit from our in-home care, reach out to us! 865-444-6787