Perform passive ROM (lower body) hips-knees-ankles-toes
• If the client is in a hospital bed, adjust bed to a safe and comfortable working height. Lower side rail on the side you will be working on
• Ask client to inform you if any pain or discomfort is experienced during the exercises
• Safely and gently exercise the client’s hip, knee, ankle and toes, supporting and moving each joint gently and naturally (without force to limbs or joints)
• Exercise each joint in as many patterns as are appropriate and safe for the joint
• Examples of patterns: flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, and rotation
• Perform each pattern at least (3) times for each joint.
***Ask frequently during the exercises if client is experiencing any pain. If any pain is reported you should stop immediately and consult with your supervisor